Friday, February 26, 2016

Natural Queen Lori O!

Introducing Lori Owens, mother, wife, woman of God, world traveler and lover of natural Afro hair!


 Lori O's hair stats
Completely natural since 2012
Type 4 curly hair/thick density
20 inches and getting longer every month

Her hair care regimen
I have been able to grow my hair to 20 inches and counting thanks to the CoilyQueens Regimen.  I actually implemented the CQR into my life for awhile now. The CQR taught me to wash my hair 1-2 times a week. I wet my hair however, in the past I had to section my hair in 6 sections. The CQR has my hair in such great condition I no longer have to shampoo it in sections.  I use coconut oil to detangle my hair in the shower. Then I shampoo my hair using a sulfate free shampoo or clay wash and conditioner. I use an Apple cider vinegar rinse two times per month. I like using Dr. Miracles deep conditioner then I rinse with cool to cold water. I add my leave in conditioner, moisturizing cream and seal with an oil preferably (avocado, olive oil, grapeseed oil or cold pressed castor oil). Then lastly, I style my hair. 

Why did she return to her natural?
"I became frustrated with relaxer burns and itchy scalp. No matter how much I would grease my scalp it would continue to be dry. Length was also a big issue. My hair would get to a certain length and then always break off"

Her natural hair challenges
How long it take her hair to dry. I would love for my hair to dry within an hour but in reality it takes 8+ hours to dry.

Natural hair rewards
" My biggest reward being natural is being free to be my true self the way God intended for me to be inside and out. I assure you it is a confidence builder. I feel like a proud hair natural. I can express myself also through my hair." 


Her signature style
"My signature style is usually the flat twist but, right now I'm trying wash in go's."

Ultimate hair goal
To grow waist length, healthy, easy to style hair. If you would like to follow her natural hair journey, you can find her on FB in the Black Hair Love (for coily queens) group. 



One of her favorite scriptures
  My GOD shall supply ALL my needs according too his riches and GLORY by Chist Jesus. He didn't say some needs he said ALL of your and my needs. So before you say something to someone else or complain about it. Pray about it and leave it there with God. Phil. 4:19

You grow Lori O!!!

1 comment:

  1. Your hair looks wonderful. What are some your most favorite products??

    ReplyDelete